Exhibition Proposal Submission
The Homer Watson House & Gallery is proud to support its regional artists looking to showcase their talent and work. Please read the guidelines below before submitting your proposal.
Requirements for Submission
Each artist’s or curator’s proposal/portfolio should consist of the following information and be submitted in electronic format online or submitted as a CD/DVD:
- 7-10 images of work (JPEG, PNG, or GIF format)
- A list of works indicating the size, date, medium and title of the work (DOC, DOCX, or PDF format)
- A resume listing education and/or exhibition history (DOC, DOCX, or PDF format)
- Artists statement or intent (DOC, DOCX, or PDF format)
- Any other promotional material i.e.-flyers, catalogues (either in a hard copy or electronic format)
- A self addressed stamped envelope large enough to return the submission (if submitting a digital CD/DVD in person)
The cost to submit an individual proposal is $20, the cost to submit a group proposal is $120. Submissions are accepted only from members in good-standing. For additional information on Homer Watson House & Gallery’s membership program please visit our membership page. All online submissions can be paid for through ActiveNetwork, on site submissions can be paid via Visa, MasterCard, Cash or Cheque.
Each submission will be considered for the following:
- Quality of work, theme, content, presentation, and medium
- Commitment to arts community, status of artist, background, and residence
- Relevancy to scheduled programming, permanent collection, gallery’s mandate and other exhibiting artists
No artistic limitations or restrictions on artwork or proposals are required. We book approximately 18-24 months in advance. All submissions will be acknowledged with a letter of receipt. Upon acceptance the artist/curator will receive a confirmation listing details and conditions of the exhibition.
Now accepting exhibition proposals for 2019-2020
If you need further details or would like to discuss any of the above, please contact our Exhibition Assistant