Working at Homer Watson House & Gallery
The mission of Homer Watson House & Gallery is to preserve and celebrate the legacy of Homer Watson’s creative spirit by stimulating the appreciation, enjoyment and practice of the visual arts.
Virtual Camp Facilitator
The Virtual Camp Facilitator is responsible for overseeing the online art camp for children, encouraging creativity, enjoyment, and artistic development. Working collaboratively with artists, the Virtual Camp Facilitator is responsible for planning, recording and distributing weekly art programming for children ages 4-14 online. This position requires a passion for art, creativity, experience working with children, proficiency with technology and an interest in supporting Homer Watson House & Gallery deliver an engaging and fun online art camp. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Grant. A combination of on-site and remote work required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- – Assisting in the administration, planning, and facilitation of online art camp.
- – Facilitating live virtual art activities and lessons for children via Zoom.
- – Recording video instructions for online art camp.
- – Maintaining studio materials and environment.
- – Creation and distribution of marketing content for online art camp.
- – Gathering and compiling feedback on programs.
- – Must meet eligibility criteria for Canada Summer Jobs Grant
- – Background and interest in Fine Arts, Education or related.
- – Basic technology/web skills (I.e., recording and editing videos).
- – Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- – Strong oral and written communication skills.
- – Experience planning programming for children is an asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sidney Howlett email@example.com by Thursday, July 9, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Board of Directors
Board of Directors - Treasurer
HWHG is seeking a skilled and knowledgeable financial specialist to join our volunteer Board, to continue advancing the great work of our amazing Staff and Board. As the Treasurer, you will be responsible for making sure that the financial statements, interim statements, budgets, etc., make sense. You will work closely with HWHG’s Director/Curator in order to understand the financial state of affairs and be able to interpret them to the Board.
Board of Directors - Legal Specialist
The Homer Watson House and Gallery Foundation Board is seeking a skilled and knowledgeable legal specialist to join our volunteer Board, to continue advancing the great work of our amazing Staff and Board. As the Legal Specialist, you will provide a legal perspective on our affairs, recommending representation when necessary. You will work closely with HWHG’s Director/Curator to provide legal expertise on our operations, ranging from business issues to artists’ contracts. You will understand the legal state of our operations in order to interpret it to the Board.
Looking to volunteer?
Our current volunteer opportunities are displayed below. We thank all applicants and encourage you to apply for positions that best suit your interests and experience. Unfortunately we cannot accept volunteers under the age of 16 at this time but we truly appreciate your interest.