Do you love working with children and have a passion for art? As a Studio Assistant, you will be working in the studio helping HWHG’s artists deliver art programming to children 4 and under. You will be an integral part of making our art programs a creative and fun environment for all!
Homer Watson House and Gallery is the oldest operating art gallery in Ontario and one of the oldest galleries in Canada. Our mission is to preserve and celebrate the legacy of Homer Watson’s creative spirit by stimulating the appreciation, enjoyment and practice of the visual arts.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate adaptations of art activities for children ages 2-4 to ensure safety of participants and meet changing health guidelines of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Organize and maintain studio materials on a weekly basis. Which includes disinfecting equipment and tools.
- Engage students in games and art activities.
- Assist students in completing art tasks and developing their artistic skills.
- Assist with the promotion of the programs to parents, schools and community groups.
- Recording video instructions for virtual promotions.
To be fantastic in this role you:
- Enjoy working with children
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a passion for visual art
- Work well as a team
- Have a good understanding of HWHG and what we do
- Are willing to learn new skills
- Are available to attend one of our children’s programs on a weekly basis
*Education/ECE training and working with children is an asset.
*This role is funded through Summer Experience Grant Program; all applicants must meet the following criteria outlined by SEP:
- Requirements: Previous experience working with children, Standard First Aid, Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
- Must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation. Proof of enrollment must be provided.
- Between the ages of 15-25 years old upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years of age for persons with a disability, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Available to work full time for the duration of the contract length of 246.5 hours or 34 days at 7.25 hours per day.
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Contract length: 8 months
Expected start date: 2021-07-12
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.00 per hour
All regional regulation will be followed.
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Education and Public Programs Coordinator