Psychic Soiree Fundraising Volunteer
Do you love working with a variety of people and have a passion for giving back to the community? The annual Psychic Soiree Fundraiser will take place Friday, October 30, 2020 from 4:30-9:30pm. Complete with psychics, mediums, ghost hunters and more, we are looking forward to another paranormal night at HWHG. As a Psychic Soiree Fundraising Volunteer you will work with a dynamic team of staff and volunteers at HWHG to make this fall-favourite fundraiser a success.
What it’s like to work here:
Homer Watson House and Gallery is the oldest operating art gallery in Ontario and one of the oldest galleries in Canada. Our mission is to preserve and celebrate the legacy of Homer Watson’s creative spirit by stimulating the appreciation, enjoyment and practice of the visual arts.
Our mandate is to engage in four-part program of:
- – Preservation and Collection of Homer Watson’s art, his home studio and gallery and the heritage of his life, his times and that of the Doon School of Fine Arts.
- – Exhibition of the broad spectrum of Watson’s art and regular shows of contemporary local and regional artists.
- – Education through instructional programs in the visual arts for the general public and curriculum-based school programming.
- – Enrichment through special programs, events and activities.
What you’ll be doing
As a not-for-profit organization we host a variety of community and fundraising events throughout the year. Reporting to the Education & Public Programs Coordinator, Psychic Soiree Fundraising Volunteers are responsible for a wide variety of tasks relating to the event, which may include attending regular event planning meetings, setting up, taking on a specific role during the event, cleaning up after the event and participating in a debriefing session. We are seeking volunteers to fill the following positions:
- – Psychic Assistant (2)
- – Tour Guide (2)
- – Greeter (2)
- – Front Desk (1)
- – Planning and Coordination (2)
- – General Volunteers (5)
Who we’re looking for
To be fantastic in this role you:
- – Enjoy working in a team and interacting with the public
- – Have strong communication skills
- – Have a good understanding of HWHG and what we do
- – Are willing to learn new skills
- – Enjoy giving back to the community
*Experience working at special events, in customer service or with fundraising is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17, 2020.