Virtual Camp Facilitator
The Virtual Camp Facilitator is responsible for overseeing the online art camp for children, encouraging creativity, enjoyment, and artistic development. Working collaboratively with artists, the Virtual Camp Facilitator is responsible for planning, recording and distributing weekly art programming for children age 4-14 online. This position requires a passion for art, creativity, experience working with children, proficiency with technology and an interest in supporting Homer Watson House & Gallery deliver an engaging and fun online art camp. This job will have a combination of on-site and remote working opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- – Assisting in the administration, planning, and facilitation of online art camp.
- – Facilitating live virtual art activities and lessons for children via Zoom.
- – Recording video instructions for online art camp.
- – Maintaining studio materials and environment.
- – Creation and distribution of marketing content for online art camp.
- – Gathering and compiling feedback on programs.
Who we’re looking for
To be fantastic in this role you:
- – Must be between 16-30 years of age.
- – Have a background and interest in Fine Arts, Education or related.
- – Have basic technology/web skills (I.e., recording and editing videos).
- – Have or are willing to obtain a Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- – Have strong oral and written communication skills.
* Experience planning programming for children is an asset.
This role is funded through Canada Summer Jobs; all applicants must meet the following criteria outlined by CSJ:
- – be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- – be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- – have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Applications due by June 14, 2020. Send cover letter and resume to:
Education & Public Programs Coordinator
Homer Watson House & Gallery