HWHG Juried Show
November 11, 2022 – January 29, 2023
Watson, Cayley & Ferrie Galleries
The Homer Watson House & Gallery Annual Juried Show provides the opportunity to show your artwork in one of the oldest operating galleries in Ontario.
Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded. People’s choice award will receive a certificate and an HWHG Print.
Artists are eligible to submit their application if they are able deliver their artwork to the gallery on Sunday, November 6, 2022 – 10am-4pm and pick up on Monday, November 7, 2022 – 10am-6pm. No postal entries will be permitted.
Submission Form Opens:
Aug 1, 2022
Sunday, November 6, 2022 – 10am-4pm
Monday, November 7, 2022
Pickup for Unselected Artwork:
Tuesday, November 8, 2022 – 10am-6pm from basement classroom
Friday, November 11, 2022 – Sunday, January 8, 2023
Pickup for end of show:
Monday, January 9, 2023 10am -6pm
Presentation of Awards and Reception:
Thursday, November 17, 2022 7-9pm
Terms and Conditions for Entry
- 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art pieces are eligible. Gallery space is limited; therefore, a limited number of free-standing pieces may be included.
- Maximum dimensions of artwork: no dimension larger than 48 inches. 3-dimensional pieces must fit through the front door (maximum diameter of 38 inches).
- Jurors will take into consideration the space available for the show, therefore, it is unlikely that a high number of very large pieces will be accepted into the show.
- Artwork submitted must be original. Copied pieces, pieces using stock photography (including collages), reproductions or prints of original paintings will not be accepted. Prints of original photography are allowed.
- To be accepted, all work must be complete, dry, and ready to hang or display. 2 dimensional pieces must have D-rings and picture hanging wire attached. 3 dimensional pieces must include any necessary supports. Any pieces with inappropriate or missing hanging or display materials will be refused.
- All pieces must have a label affixed to the rear of the piece with their name, the artwork title and the artist contact details. Labels should not be visible to ensure blind jurying.
- If artwork features a recognizable person, the artist must have the permission of the subject. Jurying staff may request proof of permission.
- The entry fee for entering is $25 and includes the first 2 works entered. Any additional pieces will cost $10 each.
- Entry fees must be paid online prior to artwork drop off. Artwork will not be accepted without proof of payment of entry fee.
- Fees are non-refundable. This includes artworks that are refused for not complying with the above listed terms and conditions.