Let's celebrate together, whatever the occasion!
Birthdays, field trips, team building, half-birthdays, Bar and Bat mitzvah, or best friends hanging out.
YOU CAN’T SPELL PARTY WITHOUT ART!
Our party includes 10 participants and everything needed to make fabulous pieces of artwork. Art projects are led by engaging art instructors for 1 hour. Afterward, the space is open for 1 hour of pizza, cake or whatever you like!
Our art activities are appropriate for Ages 5-14. Click below to explore party themes.
- $200 Painting Party (10 participants)
- $200 Craft Party (10 participants)
- $275 Clay Party (10 participants)
- $50 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking to hold the date.
- $10 Extra guest (Maximum 20 participants if Covid restrictions allow it)
Details and FAQ:
- Parties take place in our spacious Garden Studio and event space.
- The art project is chosen ahead of time. To ensure optimal instruction, each guest makes the same project. There is always room for creativity when it comes to final touches.
- The total party time is 2 hours including the art activity and the party time. Set up time is 15 minutes before the party and clean up time is 15 min after the party.
- Participants should be dressed appropriately. Some paints do not wash out of clothes.
- Materials are included. Party host provides everything else (including decor, food, beverages, loot bags, cutlery, etc.)
- Art projects are taken home the same day except for Earthenware clay which is ready for pick up 3 weeks following the event.
- Please speak to HWHG staff for more information on allowed decor.
- Due to Covid-19, bookings are limited to 10 children max, plus 2 adults at this time. More about our Covid-19 safety measures and policy can be read here.
Want to do your own thing? Inquire about our facility rentals: Programs@homerwatson.on.ca
Homer Watson House and Gallery was the home of artist Homer Watson and his family in the late 1800s to early 1900s. The family welcomed many travellers, visitors, family members and friends to their home for tea. Homer’s sister Phoebe was known for watercolour painting and painting porcelain teacups.
Watercolour Tea Cup Painting
Each participant will learn watercolour techniques to create a 9x12 inch teacup watercolour painting.
Paper Tea Cups
Participants will engineer and paint their own tea cup set out of paper.
Clay Tea Cups
Each participant will hand build one clay tea cup from scratch and paint it with coloured glaze. *Projects are ready 3 weeks later for pick up.
Beary Creative Celebration: Teddy Bear Picnic
We’re unBEARably excited to paint, sculpt or build a furry companion with you and your friends. During this Beary Creative Celebration, we will talk about the different kinds of bears that live in Canada and their habitats.
BYOB (Bring your own bears)
Acrylic Bear Painting
Each participant will learn painting techniques to create a 9x12 inch acrylic bear painting..
Pom Pom Bear
Each participant will make their own mini bear with yarn.
Clay Bear Coaster
Each person will hand build one clay bear coaster from scratch and applies coloured glaze for the details. *Projects are ready 3 weeks later for pick up.
Express yo’ self! Street Art Party
Doodle! Splat! Spray! In this party, HWHG introduces participants to street art techniques to create a tagged masterpiece. Inspired by street art artists like Jean Michael-Basquiat, Bansky, Keith Haring and more. We will use non-toxic materials in an expressive art form.
Party Animal Painting
Each participant will learn acrylic painting techniques to create a 9x12 inch acrylic party animal painting.
Mixed Media Balloon Poster
Each participant will learn paper distressing techniques to create a poster inspired by street artist Banksy.
Clay Haring Tile
Each person will hand build and paints one clay tile inspired by street artist Keith Haring. *Projects are ready 3 weeks later for pick up.
Transfer, Credits & Refunds
We can transfer your party booking if your booking is canceled 14 days prior to the event.
Dress For Mess
Please tell your guests to dress appropriately for the party. We use professional materials and art supplies, which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. Bare feet (or socks without shoes) are not permitted anywhere. Please ask your guests to wear appropriate footwear. Homer Watson House and Gallery is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings.
Please Be On Time!
Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled party time as we have classes and/or events scheduled before and after.
By signing up for this course, parents or guardians give permission to Homer Watson House & Gallery, its Directors, officers, and employees to seek medical treatment for the participant in emergency situations if a parent or guardian cannot be reached. The parent or guardian shall declare any medical/ physical/ psychological problems, restrictions, or conditions prior to the start of the course.
Release of Liability
As the legal parent or guardian, you hereby release Homer Watson House & Gallery, its Directors, officers, and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the legal guardian, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of Homer Watson House & Gallery professionals, its Directors, officers, and employees or on route to or from any of said premises.