Homer Watson House and Gallery camps are designed to challenge and develop the skill sets of artists ages 5 to 12. Each day is a new artistic adventure and may include painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpting and more. There is something for everyone!
Materials are included. July classes will be held outside based on current government guidelines.
In-person | Ages 5-8
In-person | Ages 9-12
Online | Ages 8-12
Week 4 | July 26-30
Heroes and Villains
Mermaids and Pirates
Week 5 | Aug 3-6
Famous and Fun
Week 6 | Aug 9-13
Let it Grow
Week 7 | Aug 16-20
Into the Jungle
Soak up the Sun
Week 8 | Aug 23-27
Birds of a Feather
Week 9 | Aug 30-Sep3
Under the Sea
Jedi and Jets
Members (With After Care until 5pm) $275
General Public $275
General Public (With After Care until 5pm) $300
WAT’S TOTS Summer Camp
Wat’s Tots is a program for the mini creators! Our two hour morning camp is a fantastic option to create with your child. All materials are included for ages 2-4 with 1 adult participant. Tuition includes both child and 1 adult for assistance and emotional support. Our program is geared towards developing self-sufficiency and training the creative senses and fine motor skills.
Aug 30 – Sep 3
$83.00 | Monday-Friday | 10:00am-12:00pm
$66.40 | Tuesday-Friday | 10:00am-12:00pm
Camp General Information & Guidelines
Behaviour, actions, and language should contribute to a positive & safe environment at all times. The Gallery reserves the right to remove a child from a program permanently and without refund if the child’s behaviour is deemed in breach of the HWHG behaviour policy. Please review the following with your child:
- Campers will be respectful to both themselves and others at all times. This includes being respectful of individual differences, respect for the property owned by other campers & the Gallery.
- Campers will stay within the boundaries of the set activities.
- Campers are responsible for their actions & the consequences of their behaviour.
Signing Your Child In & Out
- Parents & Guardians are responsible for signing their child in & out of camp on a daily basis.
- No children will be allowed to run into a waiting vehicle.
- Please pick up your child on time
Thanks for your cooperation and support as we value your participation and trust!
If a camper becomes ill at camp, a parent or guardian will be notified immediately and must arrange for prompt pick up of a child. Please call if your child is not attending camp due to illness.
Summer Sun & Mosquitoes
All campers spend some time outdoors. Campers will be required to provide and apply their own sun screen & bug spray to protect themselves.
Camp COVID-19 safety measures
Our programs will ensure compliance with current regulations as set by the Province of Ontario and Waterloo Region Public Health and are subject to change. Should the regional regulations change resulting in the cancellation of our camp, a full refund will be issued. Some pandemic-related changes that will be in place include:
- Supplies and tools will not be shared between campers.
- Campers need to bring and wear a mask and practice safe hand washing practices which includes frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer, which will be provided by the camp
- Campers will be required to complete daily COVID-19 screening (details on this will be shared before the start of program)
- For the safety of our campers, their families and our staff programming will adhere to current health and safety measures, including reduced class sizes and cleaning protocols
- Some campers may need support or an accommodation to adhere to safety measures, such as masking or social distancing
* camp staff supporting these participants will be provided with all appropriate personal protective equipment
Parents are responsible for providing peanut free snacks, lunches and drinks. HWH&G prefers that campers use environmentally friendly packaging such as reusable containers, to reduce waste. Food will not be provided.
Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for daily art activities and weather conditions. Kindly label your child’s belongings. Some paints do not wash out of clothes.
HWH&G is not responsible for any lost or damaged belongings of campers while at camp. There are lost & found boxes in all studios.