Clothesline Art Sale 2024
Saturday May 25, 2024 | 11-4pm
We are excited to be hosting our first ever Clothesline Art Sale. We strive to make art more accessible, and the Clothesline Art Sale is the perfect opportunity for art lovers to purchase a wide range of art at varying prices. We support a diverse range of artists to display and sell their work in an easy and affordable way.
The wide variety of unframed works will be displayed on a clothesline through the trees and along the edge of the park.
We will consider all artwork that is original and unframed. All artists and creators are welcome to participate. Both emerging and seasoned artists can sell their artwork in a fun, easy and approachable way. Artwork is displayed on a clothesline only (must be light weight). Tables, tents, and display units are not allowed. Lawn chairs, clothes pins and bins are highly recommended. The Gallery does not take commission on any sales.
Artist/Vendor fee: $25 | Space: 10ft clothesline
- This year we will only have outdoor spots available.
- If you are selected to showcase and sell your work, you will be allotted one 10 foot length of clothesline on the HWHG lawn.
- If you wish, you can have a double slot by purchase 2 slots and indicating you wish them to be side-by-side.
- All spots are first come first served. No reserved spot locations.
- Outdoor booths are $25 per spot (limit 30 spots). Payment is due with confirmation of entry. Payment is non-refundable unless cancelled by HWHG.
Cancellation due to poor weather
- Cancellation due to poor weather will be determined by HWHG management. Refunds for lots will only be issued if the scheduled date is cancelled by HWHG.
- We will consider all artwork that is original and unframed.
- All artists and creators are welcome to participate.
- Both emerging and seasoned artists can sell their artwork in a fun, easy and approachable way.
- Artwork is displayed on a clothesline only (must be light weight).
Set Up and Take Down
- The exhibitor is asked to arrive between 9:30 – 10:30am for setup.
- The exhibitor is required to bring any display items needed (including clothespins, hanging hooks, etc.)
- The exhibitor commits to the full length of the advertised time from 11:00am to 4:00pm. Early take down will result in being banned from future markets at HWHG. In the event of an emergency, please notify a HWHG representative.
- The exhibitor is responsible for their own payment processing (square, cash, etc) and HWHG does NOT take any commission from your sales. (note – our wifi does NOT extend into the yard)
- The exhibitor is responsible for their property, and booths must be manned at all times.
Insurance and Liability
- The exhibitor understands that liability insurance is not required, but strongly recommended, and no such coverage is implied or provided by HWHG, or the City of Kitchener.
- The exhibitor understands that Homer Watson House & Gallery, or the City of Kitchener, will not be held liable or responsible for any losses, injuries, or damages during the event hours, set up and take down times.