About Homer Watson House & Gallery
The vision of Homer Watson House & Gallery is to preserve and celebrate the legacy of Homer Watson’s creative spirit by stimulating the appreciation, enjoyment and practice of the visual arts.
Homer Watson House & Gallery will fulfill its mission by engaging in a three-part program of:
- Preservation and collection of Homer Watson’s art, his home studio and gallery and the heritage of his life, his times and that of Phoebe Watson and the Doon School of Fine Arts.
- Exhibition of Homer Watson’s body of work and regular shows of contemporary local and regional artists.
- Education and enrichment through events and instructional programs in the visual arts.
- Inspire creativity, knowledge and ideas through art.
- Celebrate diversity and inclusivity in our activities and working practices.
- Recognize the inherent value of the natural environment.
- Improve accessibility.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible way to ensure long term sustainability of the organization.
- Develop meaningful relationships within our region and the broader arts community.
- Cathy Masterson – Director & Curator
- Celia Vernal – Programming Coordinator
- Ralf Wall – Graphic Designer & Retail Coordinator
- Allison Taylor – Historic Collections Officer
- Katie Pearson – Community Fundraising & Events Coordinator
- Janet Mayhew – Bookkeeper
- Colleen Bulla – Chair
- Karen Bulman – Secretary
- Rose Mailloux – Treasurer
- Paige Bromby – Director
- Doris Cowan – Director
- Elaine Seeley – Director
- Mira Markovic– Director
- Christine Michaud – Appointed by City of Kitchener