As of April 7, HWHG will no longer require visitors to present proof of vaccination or wear a mask to visit or participate in programming. We ask all visitors to conduct a COVID-19 self-screening before visiting. If you feel ill, please stay home to help keep our community safe and healthy.
As of March 1, 2022 – Proof of Vaccination Policy at HWHG.
For the safety of our community and staff, HWHG will continue to require proof of vaccination until further notice.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
HWHG will continue to ask for proof of vaccination until further notice. This option is permitted under the updated Government of Ontario guidelines. Our main goal remains to offer a healthy experience for visitors and staff, with appropriate safety protocols in place that allow the Gallery to safely increase capacity and access to its exhibitions and spaces.
- Proof of vaccination for those aged 12 and older is required to visit HWHG
- A mask covering the face, nose, and chin must be worn
Frequently Asked Questions
Who must show proof of vaccination?
- Proof of vaccination applies to all visitors aged 12 and older, unless they have a valid medical exemption
- Children aged 11 and younger are not required to show proof of vaccination
- Museum staff are required to be vaccinated, in line with federal guidelines
How long will I need to show proof of vaccination?
The requirement will be in effect until further notice. The Gallery will continue to be guided by directions from public-health authorities.
What if I don’t have proof of vaccination or choose not to present it?
Those aged 12 and older without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter the Gallery unless they have proof of a valid medical exemption.
How do I get a proof of vaccination QR code?
You can download your proof of vaccination QR code through the Government of Ontario website, here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/get-proof/
The health and safety of our visitors and team is our primary concern. We have put several safety measures in place during this time. Please read through these measures prior to visiting the gallery:
- Visitors with symptoms of the virus, including fever, dry cough or tiredness, should not visit the gallery. Anyone exhibiting symptoms will not be permitted entrance.
- Hand sanitizer is provided on entry. Sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the gallery.
- We will be enforcing a restricted capacity of 20 visitors and a one way system in the gallery spaces. Visitors will be served on a first come, first served basis.
- Group visits are limited to 5 or fewer people to ensure social distancing in the smaller gallery spaces.
- Visitors are required to wear masks while visiting the gallery. Staff members will be required to wear masks while working in the gallery spaces.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces will be completed at regular intervals.
- Entry by cash donation ($5 recommended donation). Please bring exact change if possible. Card payments are also accepted.
Thank you for your understanding.